Article 4 information at the start of the service
- This Complaints Procedure has been published. Before entering into the assignment agreement lawyer F.R. Schouten-Korwa informs the client about the applicability of the Complaints Procedure to the services.
- In the general terms and conditions is stated to which independent party or body a complaint that has not been resolved after processing can be submitted to obtain a binding decision and has made this known at the confirmation of the assignment.
- Complaints as referred to in article 1 of this Complaints Procedure that have not been resolved after the procedure will be submitted to the Disputes Committee for the Legal Profession (in Dutch: Geschillencommissie Advocatuur).
Article 5 internal complaint procedure
- If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to lawyer F.R. Schouten-Korwa, who acts as a complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the defendant about submitting the complaint and gives the complainant and defendant the opportunity to explain the complaint.
- The defendant tries to find a solution together with the client, whether or not after the complaints officer intervenes.
- The complaints officer will deal with the complaint within four weeks after receiving the complaint or will inform the complainant of any deviation from this period, stating the reasons, and specifying the period within which an opinion will be given about the complaint.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant and the defendant in writing about the opinion on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
- If the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the defendant will sign the opinion on the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and free complaint handling
- The complaints officer and the defendant will observe confidentiality when handling complaints.
- The complainant does not owe any reimbursement for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The defendant will keep the complaints officer informed about any contact and a possible solution.
- The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
Article 8 complaint registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint with the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be divided into several subjects.